Saturday, March 28, 2009

Geneology sites by other Lynda Jacobs

Do you want to know why I call myself LoLyn.
It comes from Lola Lynda.
I had two aunts named Lola, so not to call me little Lola (thank you)
my family called me Lynda.
My Uncle Eliseo called me "Linda Lynda", but he loved me very much. '

I am the Lola Lynda Jacobs that graduated from Scottsdale (arizona)high school; attended one year at Mesa community collete and played in the band there (1967-68-
I attended NAU the following summer and fall (see NAU stories) and married Max Gardner, moved to Tempe Arizona to complete my bachelors and master's in education 1973, and had seven children. I later went back to NAU for my Master's in counseling; took more classes in 1998-2000 when I worked in Clark County Nevada School district at Rancho and at an elementary school I can't remember. I lived in SC a short time with my husband Paul Farb (2002) and moved back to Utah when he had a nervous break down. I was single for four or five years, then met my current husband , Steven Fetzer, who I married in July 2006. We go to school at Argosy University to get my doctorate in counseling psychology and his masters in MFT.

March 2009, Saturday, I went on the internet and looked up Lynda Jacobs. I found over 200 hits on 22 pages; I tried each one down and narrowed it considerably with Ooops pages, and no longer exist pages, but still there were many Lynda Jacobs.
In my school classes there were sometimes 5 other Linda's,

but Lynda with a Y was my special name,
and Lynda Jacobs was supposed to be my unique name.

Welcome to the world, Lynda Jacobs (all of us). So in my forties I divorced and returned to my maiden name of Jacobs, and with it I decided I didn't want to be that Lynda anymore so I truncated my two first names into LoLyn.

I hardly use a last name anymore; I've had so many it is hard to keep track using all my FKA surnames; so I introduce myself as LoLyn.

These are a few of the genealogy sites I found listed under Lynda Jacobs: I haven't checked them out but they might be worth looking into. I tried to send notices that I was also Lynda Jacobs, and to pay it forward by sending my blog spot on to friend.

www.zades.com.au/geelong/gdnamezm.htm

genforum.genealogy.com/hogaboom

www.searchme4.co.uk/kemps/company-7312944.html

familytreemaker.genealogy.com/users/m/a/c/.../GENE9-0003.html

http://members.shaw.ca/florenceroberta/tormadnor/index3.htm

No comments:

Post a Comment